Tuesday, February 03, 2015

The Friends That Live in My Computer

Today was a day where I was shown once again that I am blessed with wonderful friends. In this case they are friends that live in my computer.

First I received a delivery of a wonderfully colourful and cheery bouquet of flowers. Unfortunately there was no card or florist information so I was at a loss as to who sent them to me. Luckily, the card was found in the mailbox!

They are from my friend Judy, who lives on the other side of the state. Judy and I have "known" each other for at least 15 years now, but we've never met in person. We met on the Prodigy bulletin boards in the late 90s/early 2000s. After Prodigy folded up, many of us moved to another bb site but eventually we started keeping in touch via facebook.


A little while after Keith got home from work, I could hear a package being delivered to the front door. Since I was expecting a basket that I ordered to use for my walker, I wasn't too surprised. But instead of one box there were two! The other one was from my friend Calista in Oklahoma. Calista and I have known each other for about seven years, again thanks to the internet. We did meet in person a couple of years ago at Rhinebeck, though.

She decided I could use a tropical vacation, but since that wasn't really an option she would send me a vacation in a box!

Floral leis, macadamia nuts, a CD from a group called Tiki Gods, a Tiki mug, and some great yarn. (cat not included).

So, anyone who thinks it's weird to have friends that live in their computer just isn't lucky enough to have the friends that live in mine!

No comments: