Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wrapping Up the Thirties and the Weekend

Well this is the last post as a thirty-something since tomorrow is (cue music) THE BIG 40!!!!

So I figured I would wrap up this decade of my life by wrapping up some stuff I meant to post about this week but haven't gotten around to yet.

Great Lakes Fiber Festival --

This was Saturday. There were alpacas

OK all together now --- say awwww. Aren't they cute? And much to my friend Marcia's dismay, our friend Sally and I did not buy her one.

There were moths (and their cocoons for making silk)


There was lamb......


This was my lamb sandwich that I had for lunch but there were live still bearing wool lambs at the festival too. I just didn't get a picture of them.

There were Ravelers......

We had a meet-up in the food vendor "area" (OK I'm honestly not positive that two carnival type food trucks constitute an "area" but whatever!)

And of course there was fiber. But I was well behaved and only bought enough yarn for two pairs of socks.

I came up with some red and white yarn from Stone Barn Fibers from their Gypsy Girl Creations line in the color Peppermint Twist. It's 100% superwash merino.

Can we say Miami socks anyone????


And I got some more 100% superwash merino from Diane at Creatively Dyed Yarns

She was working on a pair of socks in this yarn and it looked great.

On Monday I went to Heather's house for a cook-out. Let me just say that the Ravelry CPAaGg knows how to party!!!

We did have actual food there too but the cupcakes were a 17.8 to 1 ratio between cupcake and guest. They were all great too but I really loved the Mexican Chocolate and the Wasabi-White Chocolate has inspired me to tweak it and see what revisions I can come up with.

OK I think that is it for this one. We've wrapped up the weekend and my last post of my thirties. See you tomorrow! Or the next day with a full report of dinner at Lolita's!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!! Good to see the cupcakes all dressed up. I only had naked pictures of them. And awwww, alpacas. Glad you brought your camera!