Sunday, November 11, 2007

Look Ma....

it is possible to visit three yarn shops and NOT buy yarn!!


Yesterday I visited three local yarn shops in search of knitting needles for some projects. I found a set of 2.5mm needles (only to discover when I went to actually start the project tonight that I really should have been looking for 3.0mm needles!!) and a set of size 11 dpns. Yep a wierd combination but two different projects.

I did come home with a new pattern - it's a felted bag from Candace Eisner Strick. The pattern is comprised of mitered squares with a variety of color changes in the bag. I think I might have enough wool in the stash for most of this but I haven't looked at the yarn requirements yet.

Of course my most exciting purchase of the day had nothing to do with knitting. I FINALLY found a cd-rom of Cake Mania for my pc. Not only is this "deluxe" version the original Cake Mania, it also has the newest edition of CM - Back to the Bakery. I promptly installed it last night and I think I played for about 2 or 3 hours.

So if my posts go back to their usual sporadic levels you have three choices:
1)I have to go back to work on Tuesday
2) I'm playing on Ravelry
3) I'm playing Cake Mania

Of course if it's 2 or 3 I need to make sure I remember to do 1!!

No comments: