Monday, April 23, 2007

We interrupt ...

the business trip photos for another sock "adventure."

The sock and I went to a book signing at one of the local library branches yesterday.
Laura Lippman was promoting her latest book What the Dead Know. I have read all of her other works (the Tess Monaghan series and the "stand alone" books) and have enjoyed all of them. I haven't read the latest book yet, just picked up my copy at the signing yesterday so I don't have an opinion on it yet.

I will say that Laura was a very engaging speaker and very nice as well. She oh so kindly posed with the sock after signing my book.




The scary thing is that so far (granted I've only asked two people) no one thinks that posing with a half knit sock is the strangest thing they've been asked to do while on their book tour. Makes me wonder what in the world OTHER people ask them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary! It was great seeing you last night at the guild meeting. Love the blog - keep up the good work! - Diane